How To Install SASS on Windows - Dec 1, 2014
SASS is a CSS processor that can make your life easier and faster than any other CSS processors, Installing SASS on windows actually very easy, and here is a little guide how to install it on windows.
What to install
- Install the latest version of Ruby find it here Ruby Installer
- Accept the licence then press NEXT
- Make sure you check “Add Ruby excutables to your PATH”, This will add ruby to your cmd.
- Press Install Then Finish.
- Check if ruby installed correctly, type :
1 2 ruby -v #this should output something like the below ruby 2.0.0p481
Installing SASS With Gem :
- Open cmd.
- type the following CLI to install SASS
- This should output :
- Check if SASS installed :
That should do it, now put sass into action and run it.
- Navigate to your sass folder
1 cd /PATH/TO/SASS-FOLDER --watch style.scss:style.css
Boom now it’s up and running.